A plain textarea editor aiming to facilitate code writing for Drupal.
Click to see the demo
- Editor interface and functionality are completely customizable through administration pages.
- It supports role based editor interfaces.
- It's possible to create image or text buttons.
- Buttons can be customized to generate code snippets, html tags, bbcode tags etc.
New features in 6.x
- custom icon and library paths for each editor.
- support using different editor templates for differnet textareas in a page.
- alternative editor assignment for user roles.
- theme buttons that provide unlimited theming options.
- Headers (h1, h2, h3, h4) button and separators in default editor.
- changed key variable from "editor" to "BUE". (ex: editor.active is now BUE.active)
- another popup dialog(BUE.quickPop) that has no title or close button.
- jquery effects. (ex: effects in popup openings)
- In default buttons' library:
- new eDefTagChooser function that uses BUE.quickPop to allow users choose among predefined tags.
- new eDefTagger function that toggles(inserts or removes) a predefined tag in the selection.
- eDefTagDialog accepts a special attribute name, "html", that represents the inner html of the tag.
- eDefTagDialog accepts "textarea" as a field type.
It comes with a default editor that has predefined buttons. The default buttons are:
- Insert/edit image: Inserts image html. Uses IMCE for file browsing, if it is installed. Editing a previously inserted image is possible if the html code of the image is selected with no extra characters.
- Insert/edit link: Inserts link html. It works the same way as image insertion.
- Bold: Encloses the selected text with the tag <strong>
- Italic: Encloses the selected text with the tag <em>
- Headers: Inserts header tags <hX>(New in 6.x)
- Ordered list: Converts the lines in the selected text to a numbered list. It is also possible to start a new list with no selection. If the selection is a list which was previosly created by this button, the lines in the text are restored.
- Unordered list: Creates a bulleted list.
- Teaser break: Inserts Drupal teaser break which is <!--break-->
- Preview: Previews textarea content. Lines and paragraphs break automatically as in Drupal preview.
- Help: Displays the title(hint) for each button in the editor.